Maybe some of you are curious about our ministry; What our plans are, what our vision is, or to know some of the things we will be doing. Here’s just a brief overview, highlighting the main points!
Our vision is to bring hope, joy, and freedom, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to the people of Northeast Thailand by making disciples equipped to grow in Christ, live on mission with God, and reproduce.
What we are doing now:
- Finishing out our contract to the military which ends early 2017.
- Leading discipleship groups here in the states.
- Chris just finished his Bachelors of Science in Religion at Liberty University based out of Lynchburg, VA.
- Preparing to leave for the field the end of January 2017.
- Raising finances, and support. (We are currently 20% funded).
- Learning the Thai language online through Skype with a local Thai Teacher in the city where we will be living. We will continue lessons with her once we arrive in Thailand.
- Fasting using the format in the book Seven: A Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker. Currently we are on day 8 of month two: clothing…only wearing seven clothing items. (For more info about the fast or if you’re interested in partnering with us in it, check out this post!)
The things we will be doing in Thailand:
- Traveling to different villages to lead worship, tell stories, lay hands on the sick, and proclaim the good news of Jesus.
- Being the hands and feet of Jesus throughout every part of our community through the power of the Holy Spirit
- Investing into every single person around us with our time, money and abilities.
- Learning the language of Thailand and the local Isaan dialect.
Our focus in ministry:
- Equipping believers with tools needed to grow in Christ and reproduce
- Sharing the good news of Jesus, bringing the light to darkness
- Setting the captives free from the spiritual bondage
- Planting churches through making disciples
Ways to pray for us:
- Us to remain in Christ at all times
- Us to never doubt the provision, goodness and commission of God
- Smooth adjustment for our family and our daughters
- No negative culture shock
- The hearts of the Isaan people to be softened towards the Gospel
- Our health
- Strength in our marriage
- Quick grasp of the language for our entire family
Ways to stay in touch and up-to-date:
Here on our blog: crazylawsontribe.com
Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Whitney Chris Lawson (Profile Name)
Newsletters: (Sign-Up here!)
Thank you so much for your support! We are so blown away with those partnering with us financially, sewing into the furtherance of the Kingdom to the ends of the Earth, believing in our God-given call and for those partnering with us in prayer and encouragement!